7/1/18

Shabbat alone

Living alone can make Shabbat a challenge. A Shabbat seudah just doesn't feel the same when alone - I consider good company and conversation to be an integral of the experience. I often join friends for a meal and sometimes I invite one of my daughters and their family for Shabbat - or spend it with them, but it's a little challenging, requiring coordination as none of us have more than two bedrooms in our homes and they both have large families already. Or I invite friends over for a meal. But there are weeks when I am exhausted and feel like committing to specific times and getting fully dressed would just be too much. And it is relaxing to just chill. But it is somewhat lacking in Shabbat atmosphere, to put it mildly.

2 comments:

  1. As a widow, I resonate to yr comment. We often spend Shabat davvening, reading, resting.

    ReplyDelete